- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 100g / 4 oz. of broccoli florets
- 175g / 6 oz. of baby sweet corn, halved
- 2 courgettes, sliced
- 2 tablespoon of light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon of water
- 5cm / 2 inch piece of fresh root ginger, grated and juice squeezed out
- 50g / 2 oz. of unsalted cashew nuts, lightly toasted
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the onion and garlic for 3 minutes. Add the peppers and fry for 3 minutes more.
- Add the broccoli florets, sweet corn and courgettes and continue to fry for a further 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, light stock and ginger juice.
- Using a wooden spoon, make a space in the centre of the stir fried vegetables so that the base of the wok is visible. Pour in the sauce and bring to the boil, stirring all the time until it starts to thicken.
- Toss the vegetables to coat thoroughly with the sauce.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with the cashew nuts.
Serve with brown rice or noodles.
Once you add a source of carbohydrates for example noodles or basmati or wholegrain rice, all these affect blood glucose levels and will need to be counted towards the overall carbohydrate content of the meal.
About this Recipe
Add tofu or shiitake mushrooms to increase the protein content
Source: safefood https://www.safefood.eu