Here is a healthy alternative to a standard pizza. We have used a plain tortilla wrap, added a small number of ingredients and within 15 minutes from start to finish have prepared a delicious meal.
Be adventurous – change up the toppings – once you have the wrap as a base and a tomato puree on top, the rest is up to you.
- Try a wholemeal or seeded wrap
- Have the kids make their own
- What about some cooked ham, cherry tomatoes and finish with large handful of rocket as the pizza comes out of the ove
- top with left-over roast chicken shredded finely with some sliced red onion
Whatever toppings you add, just remember to go use small amounts as the wrap won’t crisp on the base if the toppings are too heavy. Go easy on the cheese – use this recipe as a portion guideline.
Serve with a simple green salad which can be quickly put together while the pizza is in the oven.
1 Tortilla Wrap (medium size 64g)
10g Tomato puree
4 pieces chargrilled peppers in olive oil (or use thin slices of fresh peppers)
5 stoneless black olives halved
15g soft goat’s cheese, crumbled
20g grated mozzarella cheese
Freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Place a tortilla wrap onto baking parchment on a baking tray
- Lightly spread the tomato puree over the wrap
- Place toppings on, starting with peppers and olives and then soft goat’s cheese
- Lastly sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top
- Bake in oven for 7-9 minutes until cheese is melted and wrap is crisp and lightly coloured.
This recipe serves 1 adult.
|Nutrient||Amount per 100g||Amount per pizza|
|Energy kcal (kcal)||220||373|
|Total Fat (g)||11.3||19.2|
|Fibre AOAC (g)||2.1||3.6|