The Diabetes Centre at University Hospital Galway will be celebrating World Diabetes Day on Friday 14th November 2014 with an early morning launch of their Diabetes Care West Service Document by Mr Maurice Power, Acting Saolta University Health Care Group Chief Executive.
The document detailed all the diabetes, endocrine and bariatric medicine services including subspecialty clinics available in Galway University Hospitals and highlights the diverse roles played in delivering excellent, evidence-based care to our patients. It highlights the role of our multidisciplinary team of consultants, diabetes nurse specialists, dietitians, psychologists, administrators, podiatrists and laboratory staff in providing high quality clinical care with a strong focus on education and research.
The launch of the document will coincide with our website launch and the team also plan to liaise with a regional newspaper to publish public information material (this information will also be available on the website) on the following topics:
• REDDSTAR (Repair of Diabetic Damage by Stromal Cell Administration) – Stem Cell Therapy to Treat Diabetes
• Driving and Diabetes
• A Day in the Life of Someone with Type 1 Diabetes
• Diet and Lifestyle Tips
• The Role of Technology in the Management of Diabetes
• News from the Paediatric Diabetes Education Team
• Alcohol and Diabetes
• Weight Management
• Intensive Insulin Management, Structured Diabetes Education Programmes (DAFNE for type 1 diabetes and DESMOND for type 2 diabetes) and Pumps
• Pregnancy Services in Diabetes
• New developments in Paediatric Pump Services
• New research opportunities that promote integration between the specialist services and GPs
We are engaging with Pauline Dunne our Regional Development Officer from Diabetes Ireland ahead of World Diabetes Day. For patient queries, please call the Nurses Helpline between 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri on 091-544698.
Start Date: 14th November 2014
End Date: ongoing
Venue: Diabetes Centre, University Hospital Galway
Call: 091 544 698
Venue: Diabetes Centre
Address: University Hospital Galway