Job Title: Assistant Psychologist (0.8 WTE/4 days per week, Fixed 1-year term)
Diabetes Ireland invites applications from suitably qualified Assistant Psychologists to develop a new support service that will offer a range of accessible, approved and effective mental health resources to support people with diabetes and their families.
This will include the development of both a dedicated emotional wellbeing microsite on www.diabetes.ie and specific in-person wellbeing programmes that will provide access to clinical expertise and advice on how to manage diabetes and recognise the psychological issues associated with living with diabetes on a daily basis. You will also be based 1 day per week in St. James’ Hospital, under the supervision of a Principal Clinical Psychologist, which will provide further hospital-based research and clinical experience.
Essential Criteria for application:
- Attainment of 2:1 or higher grade in a BA in Psychology Degree or equivalent.
- Interest in and passion for supporting patients with diabetes / chronic conditions and their family members.
- Understanding of the challenges of living with diabetes and or other chronic conditions.
- Previous clinical and/or research experience.
Desirable Criteria for application:
- Undertaking or completion of a Masters/PhD level qualification in the area of psychology or similar discipline.
- Previous supervision with a clinical psychologist.
- Previous experience of the development of support materials for patients or family members.
Training and Development
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to develop their portfolio of psychology experience focusing on living with a chronic condition and learning about mental health. Direct contact with people living with diabetes will be provided through clinical work within Diabetes Ireland, alongside the experience of hospital psychology and adult mental health in St. James’s Hospital.
Please see the job specification for further details: Assistant Psychologist Job Specification.
Salary: €30,280. The contract of employment will be for a 12-month period.
To apply, please submit a Letter of application and CV to Gillian Reynolds, Diabetes Ireland, 19 Northwood House, Northwood Business Campus, Santry, Dublin 9 or Email: [email protected].
The closing date for applications is 25 January 2023 (5 pm). Enquiries to Gillian Reynolds.
Interviews will be held in person on either the 8th or 9th of February 2023.