We’ve just launched the Diabetes Ireland Step Challenge, our new virtual fundraising campaign!
Read on to find out what it’s all about and how you can get involved….
What’s it all about?
From 1st September 2018, we’re asking people to walk 10,000 steps a day for 23 days to help raise funds and awareness for Diabetes Ireland.
You will complete a total of 225,000 steps by the end of the challenge – a step to represent each person living with diabetes in Ireland.
If you can’t do the 23 days in a row simply spread it out over the month of September.
The Diabetes Ireland Step Challenge is a virtual challenge, and can be done anywhere in the world! We’re asking people to track their daily steps using their favourite fitness app.
We’re encouraging our supporters to go online too with their fundraising and fundraise for us through Everydayhero and or Facebook. To set up your online fundraiser follow the tips below.
Take part with your friends, family or colleagues and see who can clock up the most steps, or if you’re less competitive, why not register as a team and complete the challenge together.
So if you’re a keen walker, want to get a bit fitter or just fancy exploring new – or familiar – ground on foot, sign up today to take on the Diabetes Ireland Step Challenge! #diabetesstepchallenge
Free to register
You can take part on your own or as part of a team. It’s FREE to register and there’s no minimum sponsorship target, but why not challenge yourself to top the fundraising leader board and exceed all expectations!
To register complete our registration form here.
Once you’ve registered we’ll get in touch with all the fundraising materials, tools and help you need.
Diabetes Ireland provides support, information, care and a range of services to help improve the lives of those affected by diabetes, but we can only do it with your fundraising support. Each year we need to raise €2 million to ensure we can deliver on this promise.
Join the Diabetes Ireland Step Challenge and help us reach our fundraising goal.
Fundraising through Everydayhero
The pages are simple enough to set up, however if you need support with this please let me know. You can set up your online fundraising page by taking the following steps:
- Visit http://step-challenge.everydayhero.com/ie/get-started
- Enter the relevant details under “Create Your Fundraising Page”
- Once your page is created you can then share it with friends, family and colleagues via email and social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn etc).
- Make sure to personalise your page with your photo and story of why you’re fundraising.
- Don’t forget to add your steps, walks and runs to your fundraising page by connecting your favourite fitness app to your page.
- Login to your account. Click your name on the top right hand corner. Select account from the drop-down menu. Select manage connections and connect your favourite fitness app. You can connect your FITBIT, MAPMYFITNESS app or STRAVA app.
Fundraising through Facebook
To create your Facebook Fundraiser simply:
- Log into your Facebook page
- Click “+Create Fundraiser” in the left menu of your News Feed
- Click on “Charity” in the “Who are you raising money for” section
- Search for and select “Diabetes Ireland”
- Set your target by entering how much money you want to raise
- Enter a date for when your fundraiser ends
- Add the title of your fundraising, and tell people why you’re fundraising
- Add a photo for your fundraiser
- Click create
- Share with your family and friends and in your news feed to help spread the word