Chickpeas are a source of protein and fibre and a healthy alternative to peanuts and crisps. They can be flavoured with an array of spices.
Serves 6 | Prep 5 mins | Cooking 30 mins
- 400g tin chickpeas
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- half tsp ground cumin
- half tsp chilli powder
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5. Oil a large baking tray with 1 tsp rapeseed oil and place the tray in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Spread the chickpeas onto the hot baking tray and cook for 15 minutes, mixing a couple of times to make sure they cook evenly.
- Remove from the oven, place the chickpeas in a bowl and drizzle with the remaining oil. Mix well. Add the cumin and chilli powder. Mix again and tip back onto the baking tray.
- Roast for another 10-15 minutes until brown and crunchy.
- Serve immediately or enjoy cool.
Each 42g serving contains
Carbs 0g (Sugars .2g)
Fat 2.3g (saturates 0.2g)