Sweet Potato Burritos
recipe serves 6 people
|Nutrition analysis per serving:|
|Total Carbohydrate (g)||62.6|
|Of Which Sugars (g)||10.3|
|Salt equivalent (g)||2.54|
15ml vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
600g canned kidney beans, drained
1 tsp chilli powder
¼ tsp ground cumin
10ml prepared mustard
Pinch of cayenne pepper, or to taste
25ml soy sauce
400g cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
6 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
120g shredded cheddar cheese*
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet, and sauté onion and garlic until soft. Stir in beans and mash.
- Gradually stir in water and heat until warm.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chilli powder, cumin, mustard, cayenne pepper and soy sauce.
- Divide bean mixture and mashed sweet potatoes evenly between the warm flour tortillas. Top with cheese.
- Fold up tortillas burrito style and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven and serve.
This dish goes well with a crispy green salad.
*Note – use a vegetarian/vegan cheese as a cheddar alternative as needed.