Salmon is a quick-cook food, rich in healthy omega-3 fats and vitamin D. It is recommended we eat two portions of fish a week, including one portion of oily fish by health experts.
Ingredients – Serves 4 Adults
- 400g / 14 oz. of salmon fillets, around 4 fillets
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of Cajun spice mix
- Preheat the grill for 10 minutes at a medium heat
- Rub a little olive oil over each salmon fillet
- Then add the Cajun spice to the salmon and leave to marinate in the fridge for 5 minutes
- Cook the salmon gently for 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally
Once you add a source of carbohydrates for example baked potato, potato salad or rice, all these affect blood glucose levels and will need to be counted towards the overall carbohydrate content of the meal.
Source: safefood www.safefood.eu