This dish is full of flavour thanks to the mild curry sauce and gets the best out of a lean meat like chicken.
- 4 lean chicken fillets, around 520g / 1lb 2½ oz.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 150ml / 5½ fl oz. of water
- 1 heaped teaspoon of tomato puree
- 1 x 125g / 4½ oz. pot of low-fat natural yogurt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Gently heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan.
- Add the onion and cook on a low heat until soft.
- Place the chicken on the pan and cook until it is golden.
- Add a little water and cover the pan to stop the chicken from becoming too tough.
- After a couple of minutes, add the curry powder and the tomato puree.
- Coat the chicken with the mix, and then add the water and pepper.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- When the sauce is cooked, remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in the yogurt.
- Leave to cool and store in an airtight plastic container until the picnic!
Serve with a side salad when eaten cold or boiled brown rice when eaten hot.
About this Recipe: This recipe was adapted from 101+ Square Meals
Source: safefood https://www.safefood.net/