With a few store cupboard items you can treat yourself to a curry in the time it takes to order and wait for one to be delivered!
Ingredients – Serves 4 Adults
- 350g / 12½ oz. cooked chicken
- 5 button mushrooms
- 1 medium pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 100g / 3½ oz. of peas, defrosted
- 1 large carrot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 dessertspoons of medium curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- 1 chicken stock cube dissolved in 275ml / ½ pint of hot water
- 1 dessertspoon of plain flour
- Slice vegetables and garlic.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the onions, carrot and garlic.
- Add mushrooms and pepper to the frying pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add curry powder and flour to the pan and cook for 1 minute stirring all the time.
- Stir in the stock and cooked chicken pieces.
- Reduce heat, cook slowly for 10 minutes without stirring.
Serve with boiled brown rice. Add extra flavour and goodness to this meal with sweet corn, peas or broccoli.
Once you add a source of carbohydrates for example basmati or wholegrain rice, these affect blood glucose levels and will need to be counted towards the overall carbohydrate content of the meal.
Source: safefood https://www.safefood.net/