Fish is a really nutritious and healthy food. This dinner recipe is quick and easy, and can be prepared beforehand. This is a tasty way to include fish in your diet.
All white fish are a great source of low fat and protein but if you have Diabetes you should also be trying to increase your oily fish intake to 2 portions weekly.
Remember: once you add a source of carbohydrates (potatoes, rice, pasta, grains or cereals) you will increase the total carbohydrate in your meal.
Ingredients – Serves 4 Adults
- 4 fillets of cod, around 480g / 17 oz.
- 2 slices of wholemeal pan bread, grated into crumbs, around 60g / 2 oz.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh parsley or 1 heaped teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- A little lemon juice, or grated rind to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4
- Clean and prepare fish. Dry in kitchen paper
- Mix breadcrumbs, chopped onion, parsley, salt and pepper, in a small bowl
- Heat oil and stir into crumb mixture. Finally add a little lemon rind or juice
- Lay 4 fillets on a greased dish, skin side down and spoon stuffing carefully onto each fillet
- Flatten down well and cover with the other four fillets
- Cover with foil
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on size and thickness of fish
- Lift fish carefully onto a warmed serving dish
Serve fish surrounded with peas, lemon wedges and parsley
Source: safefood www.safefood.eu