Ingredients – Serves 6 Adults
- 100g / 4 oz. of plain flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 300ml / 10 fl oz. of semi-skimmed milk
- 1 teaspoon of sunflower oil
- Sieve the flour into a large mixing bowl, make a well in the centre and then add the beaten eggs.
- Use a balloon whisk to beat the eggs into the flour and gradually whisk in the milk until just smooth.
- Brush a non-stick medium frying pan with the oil and when very hot pour in about 3 tablespoons worth of the batter.
- Quickly tilt the pan from side to side to form a thick layer of batter and cook for one minute.
- Flip the pancake over with a spatula and cook until the underside is slightly golden.
- Continue with the rest of the batter, recoating the pan with oil when required.
Are you a lover of pancakes, but looking for healthy options without sacrificing the flavour? Make healthier pancakes by using some of these filling ideas:
- Low-fat natural yogurt with sliced strawberries: 1 tablespoon of sliced strawberries and 1 tablespoon of low-fat natural yogurt adds 25 calories.
- Stewed fruit (stewed with sugar): 1 tablespoon adds 12 calories.
- For something a little different try a savoury option: Minced beef Bolognese: 1 tablespoon adds 26 calories.
With the serving suggestions above remember fruit and yoghurt contain natural sugars and will add to the total carbohydrate of the recipe.