If you have recently been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes we know it can be a daunting and confusing time. To get an insight as to how some others have dealt with the diagnosis of diabetes we recommend that you have a look at the Type 1 diabetes starter kit – a guide for adults with Type 1 diabetes (Irish Edition). It was written by adults with diabetes so you will find the informal approach, the practical information, comments and tips of benefit.
Diabetes Ireland is here to help you. Diabetes Ireland offers support and advice via the following:
- Call our helpline on 01 8428118
- Counselling service @ our Care Centres
- Email support via [email protected]
- Diabetes Ireland magazine issued to members quarterly
- Educating and advocating
- Local support groups and community events