Diabetes Ireland is seeking a Clinical Manager for Advocacy & Research. Based in Diabetes Ireland Offices, 19 Northwood Business Campus, Santry, Dublin 9, this role exists to support the CEO in developing, delivering and championing the most effective ways for people to manage their diabetes, or their risk, so that they are empowered to live a long and healthy life.
As a diabetes resource, you will support the CEO in the development and provision of education and the management of the Regional Development Team (healthcare professional educators), diabetes support helpline, the overall organisation, its services and employees as required. Work with policy makers and key stakeholders to maintain diabetes as a public policy priority and ensure continued improvement in the provision of diabetes services. Plan develop & deliver effective media and political communication campaigns to advocate for diabetes service development as appropriate and work with Diabetes Ireland Research Alliance (DIRA) & other external research partners to leverage new and existing relevant research to influence key decision makers.
The following qualifications are considered essential:
- Healthcare Qualification (Level 8 Degree) with a research module preferable but not essential.
- Strong experience in healthcare and/or voluntary sector.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of diabetes/chronic disease areas.
- A seasoned track record (minimum 5 years) in achieving change through advocacy, policy, research and service provision.
- Knowledge of both healthcare and political environments in Ireland.
- Experience in communications (online & offline) and media relations
- Excellent people skills to engage and unify staff and wider diabetes community on campaigns and projects.
- Ability to liaise and work with Government agencies, HSE, Academia, Patients and Industry at the highest levels with credibility.
- Demonstrate innovative and strategic thinking to enhance the delivery of services and projects.
- Demonstrable project management skills – showing the ability to drive ideas and oversee projects and teams from creation with ongoing monitoring and evaluation built in.
- Experience in undertaking patient focussed research, data analysis, evaluation and reporting.
- Proven excellent managerial competence and leadership.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to manage a diverse workload.
- A general understanding of the not-for-profit sector in Ireland is desirable but not essential.
This post offers extensive scope for the right candidate to work closely with the CEO, Board, and Senior Management in developing operational strategy and delivering a wide range of projects and outcomes for staff and service users.
This is a great opportunity to contribute to the success and development of a motivated workforce and the day-to-day running of a busy charity. If you have the ability to work independently and proactively, manage your own workload, and respond flexibly to the needs of the team and wider organisation, this could be the role for you!
See full job description:
Clinical Manager for Advocacy and Research
Salary: Based on experience.
Letter of application and CV should be sent to:
Gillian Reynolds, Diabetes Ireland, 19 Northwood House, Northwood Business Campus, Santry, Dublin 9 or Email: [email protected]
Closing date for applications: Monday 8 February 2021 (5PM). For further information, please contact Gillian on 01 8428118.