We are hiring a Psychologist to help develop our diabetes Emotional Wellbeing Programme.
Job Title: Psychologist (staff grade) 0.4 WTE/2 days per week, Fixed 1-year term)
Diabetes Ireland is seeking a part-time Psychologist (staff grade) and invites applications from suitably qualified candidates.
This role will primarily involve working as part of a team to develop further an Emotional Wellbeing programme for people with diabetes and parents/carers of children with diabetes that will offer accessible, approved, and effective psychological support through the provision of a range of tailored programmes that people can access both in person and online relevant to the type of diabetes and their age-specific needs. These programmes will be delivered in an interactive format to allow participants to:
- Discuss topics such as the psychological burden associated with living with diabetes, emotional reactions related to the diagnosis of diabetes, stigma. and psychological complications associated with diabetes distress and burnout: depression, anxiety, eating disorders etc.
- Learn how to emotionally adjust to living with diabetes.
- Employ strategies focusing on healthy support, aiming to build resilience and enhance coping skills (self-compassion, empowerment, goal setting etc.).
- Adapt psychological knowledge, techniques, and toolkits to support daily diabetes self-management, individual motivation and empowerment in managing diabetes.
These tailored interactive programmes on Diabetes Emotional Wellbeing will be delivered by appropriate healthcare professionals working through an agreed evidence-based framework.
This project will enable Diabetes Ireland to support the hugely varied and unmet mental health needs of people with diabetes through the provision of evidence-based and evaluated supports and resources which would be embedded into the education and support programmes mentioned above. The programme will also offer huge support to healthcare professionals in primary and secondary care, as a positive mental health and well-being programme, which they could promote to their patients living with diabetes and tackle the current gap of psychological support particularly for adults living with diabetes.
- Attainment of 2:1 or higher grade in a BA in Psychology Degree or equivalent.
- Relevant post-graduate qualification in Clinical or Counselling psychology
- For further details, please see the job specification; https://www.diabetes.ie/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/Psychologist-Staff-Grade-Job-Spec-1.pdf
Salary: €22,730 (= 0.4 WTE). The contract of employment will be for a 12-month period.
Other terms and conditions will be confirmed at the job offer stage.
To apply, please submit a Letter of application and CV to Gillian Reynolds, Diabetes Ireland, 19 Northwood House, Northwood Business Campus, Santry, Dublin 9 or Email: [email protected]
The closing date for applications is Monday 26th February. Interviews will be held in person in mid-April.
Shortlisting may be carried out based on the information supplied in your CV and application letter.