- This event has passed.
Diabetes Health and Wellbeing Exhibition 2018
November 11, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The Diabetes Health and Wellbeing Exhibition and AGM will take place in Rochestown Park Hotel, Cork from 12-5pm on Sunday November 11th.
This event is not to be missed for all those living with or an interest in diabetes and health. The theme of this year’s event is “Supporting Diabetes Management” with a special focus on how research and technology can help with this.
Facilitated by a team of experts, the following topics will be covered on the day:
- What’s Happening in Type 1 Diabetes Research– Dr Anna Clarke, Health Promotion Research Manager, Diabetes Ireland Research Alliance
- Exercise and Type 1 Diabetes Management– Mr Billy Murphy, Dietitian, Cork University Hospital
- Diabetes and Oral Health-Dr Paul O’Dwyer, Group Clinical Advisor, Dental Care Ireland
- “Food For Thought- How Gut Microbes Affect Your Health”– Prf John F Cryan PhD MRIA, Dept. Anatomy & Neuroscience, University College Cork
- Reversal of Type 2 Diabetes– Ms Pauline Dunne, Senior Dietitian and Regional Development Officer, Diabetes Ireland
- Caring for your Feet– Ms Danielle Linehan, Podiatrist, Diabetes Ireland
- Type 1 Diabetes in Childhood and Advancing Technologies– Dr Stephen O’Riordan, Consultant Paediatric Endocrinologist, Cork University Hospital
- Coping with the Teenage Years and Diabetes– Ms Jo Rolfe, Clinical Psychologist, Health Service Executive
- School and your Type 1 Child; Practical Day to Day Issues and Policies– Ms Laura Crowley, Paediatric Diabetes Nurse Specialist, Cork University Hospital
As well as this we will have a number of exhibitors including:
- Diabetes Ireland Podiatry
- Liver Wellness
- Retina Screening
- Irish ICE Cards
- Motivation Weight Management
- Coeliac Society
- Audiology Medical services
- Hickeys Pharmacy
- Dental Care Ireland
There will also be a range of free tests on the day, including blood glucose, HbA1c, blood pressure and weight, height and BMI that will be available to all.
This free event is open to all with no registration required.