On Thursday 1 October, Diabetes Ireland, with the support of Novo Nordisk, hosted its third in a series of webinars for people living with diabetes.
This time the focus was on Type 1 diabetes in 2020, with guest speaker Dr Kevin Moore, Consultant Endocrinologist, Naas General Hospital & Tallaght University Hospital, Dublin.
Around 290 people attended the webinar to hear Dr Moore speak broadly on a wide range of topics including daily living with Type 1 diabetes, the impact of COVID 19, virtual consultations, new insulins, developments in Glucose Sensors, Insulin Pumps and hybrid closed loop systems and much more.
Feedback from attendees was excellent and comments included:
- I attended the Webinar last night and found it to be so supportive and encouraging!!
- Dr Kevin’s talk was so relevant to me. He has given me confidence around my diabetes management.
- It would be wonderful if there were further Webinars for people with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Thanks for organising this webinar.
- Brilliant stuff, really enjoyed that and very beneficial – so thanks for organising.
Diabetes Ireland would like to thank Dr Moore for an excellent, engaging presentation and for sharing his expertise with us and everyone who attended the event.
Professor Hilary Hoey, Chairperson, Diabetes Ireland who herself attended the event said “Feedback on the 3 webinars held to date has been excellent and Diabetes Ireland is now planning to host further webinars in the very near future. I would like to acknowledge and thank everyone who was involved in the planning and delivery of the webinars and it is great to see such a positive reaction from attendees.
For those who missed the webinar, you can view it on the following link: