Ireland’s National Fitness Day has been set up to encourage people to become more active. This initiative has been established by Energie Fitness Clubs and we are delighted to be chosen as their charity partner in their inaugural year.
How do you get involved?
Incorporate at least 30 minutes of exercise into you day on Friday the 26th of September.
Regardless of your location, at 1pm everyone is encouraged to participate in Empower Half Hour by doing 30 minutes of fun exercise.
It’s easier than you think to fit in 30 minutes of exercise, a day is never too full! Instead of working through your lunch, or sitting in the canteen, you could:
• go for a walk around where you work
• dance in a meeting room
• stretch in the park
• play short football match with your colleagues
• put an exercise DVD on at work and invite people to join-in
• get off the bus/train a stop early and extend your walk to work
• ditch the car and cycle from home to the office
You don’t have to do all 30 minutes in one block if you really can’t fit it in. Getting up from the TV or games console is what’s important, making it fun is just an added bonus and may help you keep the habit.
So what will you do for your 30 minutes this National Fitness Day?