We are seeking a positive, team player with lots of energy who will work as part of our team in Dublin. As a receptionist you will be responsible for welcoming clients in a professional and caring manner, updating the Care Centre appointments system, supporting the healthcare professionals on duty and promoting Care Centre services. As an administrator, you will be part of our helpline team dealing with enquiries from our members and the general public. Ideally, you will have previous experience, be passionate about what you do and have a strong understanding of diabetes.
The post will be 37 hours per week.
Duties of Post
- Welcome clients in a professional and caring manner.
- Carry out pre-consultation procedures with each visiting client and support those who have difficulty completing appropriate forms.
- Promote Diabetes Ireland and its services including Care Centre services and products.
- Maintain the Care Centre reception /waiting room for next day use.
- Direct visitors on parking procedures as required.
- Work with healthcare professionals on duty to ensure smooth transition of clients.
- Undertake general filing and administration duties in relation to Care Centre and healthcare professionals.
- Notify all clients of appointment 24/48 hours in advance.
- Manage the main switchboard and telephone helpline.
- Effectively deal with written and email enquiries as appropriate.
- Update membership database and issue renewal cards as appropriate.
- Update (or provide information to enable completion of) Care Centre Income and Expenditure accounts on a daily basis.
- Undertake the day to day office duties as required.
- Attend public meetings and other events as required
- Support the CEO in all aspects of business as required.
- Three year’s experience in a similar role, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritise a busy workload.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
This job description is not exhaustive. The person will need to be able to fit in to a small, busy team and adapt to changing requirements as they happen.
Please forward your CV and a one page introductory outline of why you are suited to this role by email to [email protected] with the words ‘Job Application’ in the subject line.
Closing date for applications: Friday 8 July @ 5pm
Contract: Initial 12 month contract.