Health Awareness for Workplace Wellness
- Diabetes awareness & screening days are run by health professionals with vast clinical experience and specialist knowledge in diabetes & healthy living.
- We offer Health talks, Health talks with Screenings, Screenings alone – on full days, half-days or multiple days/shifts.
- Health Check Options include Height, Waist, BMI, Weight, Blood Pressure, Blood Glucose, Cholesterol. We customise workplace wellness packages after chatting by phone about your workforce.
- One-on-one advice is provided and time is allotted to high and moderate risk personnel. Results are immediate and confidential.
- We supply all diabetes support literature and if your staff are diagnosed with diabetes, we run education courses nationwide.
- We create an interesting space in your workplace using communication posters, videos and food packaging samples to stimulate engagement and aid learning.
- We aim to create a fun, interactive and motivational event.
“The testing was very quick and staff were delighted with getting the results immediately. There was genuine positive feedback from everyone who screened and high motivation levels for healthier choices after the day.”Manpower Dublin “we were delighted to see a greater turnout than expected for the glucose screenings …the waist circumference measuring tapes made for great fun! …..prevention was our greatest take-away message… eat well, exercise regularly, stay lean and look after yourself. We were all motivated”.
Customised packages to suit your budget
- Type 2 Diabetes is a slow progressive condition
- It can take up to 12 years for symptoms to show and to get a diagnosis and typically occurs over 40 years of age but
- the condition can be developing from our 20’s while we are in the workplace – Know The Risk Factors
- In 2016, we identified 9.7% of employees in Workplaces with High Blood Glucose and referred them onward for further treatment
Risk factors you can alter
Over-weight –possibly from sitting too long at work and home, eating too many calories especially from sugary, fatty & processed foods and not knowing the danger of excess weight to health (a BMI > 27 is a risk factor for Type 2)
Unfit – possibly from sitting too long in front of TV or at work, time-poor and not realising the importance of exercise to good health (minimum recommended levels are 30 mins activity, 5 times per week)
Additional Risk factors for Type 2
Age – risk increases after 40 years of age.
Genetics – parent, brother, sister diagnosed with Type 2.
Pre-existing diagnosis – blood pressure, high cholesterol, stroke, heart attack, poor circulation.
‘A very informative day with Diabetes Ireland. Employees seemed very happy with the whole set-up. The food table was particularly interesting and horrifically enlightening. It created very interesting discussions around the room. The 3 members of Diabetes Ireland were so helpful and informative’ Clonmel Company
“The Diabetes awareness and screening day event which took place recently here on-site attracted great attention and almost 200 of our staff were screened and many more who benefited from the educational information on Type 2 diabetes and healthy living. The food posters and healthy messages created a buzz of conversation. A practical and smooth-running event that we hope to be repeating” Galway Company