November 14th marks the birthday of Sir Frederick Banting who co-discovered Insulin along with Charles Best in 1922 which is a significant date in the diabetes calendar. World Diabetes Day became an official United Nations Day in 2006. This year, to celebrate World Diabetes Day we are asking you to Go Blue Your Way and raise some funds for Diabetes Ireland on November 13th & 14th..
We need your help so we can continue to Support, Educate, Motivate and Empower people with diabetes and their families to stay safe and healthy during these difficult times. To help us keep our services open for whatever length of time it takes to beat COVID-19, donate today.
Some Fundraising things you can do:
- Wear Blue on the day and make a donation
- Crazy Blue Hair – dye your hair a crazy blue
- Run/Walk – do a run/walk dressed from head to toe in blue
- Liven up a Work Meeting – wear blue to work or on your virtual work meeting
- Virtual Coffee Morning – have a virtual coffee break with your work colleagues/family and/or friends…….it would be good to catch up with everyone!!
- Virtual Quiz Night – organize a virtual quiz night with your family and friends
- Paint your Nails Blue and tell the world why you are doing it
- Do It Your Way – Go Blue and raise awareness of Diabetes
Embrace the colour and go blue your way which is the international colour for diabetes. #gobluefordiabetes and donate to Diabetes Ireland to help maintain our services
Set up a Just Giving page, Facebook or Instagram fundraiser, or donate to our page.
If you have any queries, please contact 01 8428118 or email [email protected]
Share your Photos on Social Media
Alternatively, you can email your photos to [email protected] and we will share them for you.