Be a Corporate Supporter
A company who looks after the employees is a company that promotes health
A company that supports charitable causes is a company worth working for.
Supporting a charitable cause improves the public image of your company and makes it become more attractive as an employer.
Why consider us as a charity worth supporting?
- In Ireland, an estimated 180,000 people have diabetes
- Of these approximately 30,000 have undiagnosed diabetes. Your employee could be one of these people.
- A further 146,000 have pre-diabetes (a condition where the blood sugar is high but not enough to diagnose diabetes) of which 50% will develop diabetes in the next 5 years if lifestyle changes are not made. Your employee could be one of these people
Undiagnosed diabetes is a serious condition and if untreated can cause heart disease, damage to the eyes, kidneys, circulation and nervous system. We do not want that to happen to your employee.
If we work together, we can;
- Increase awareness about diabetes in our population and support the diabetes community.
- Educate and give advice to your employees on what can be done to change to a healthy lifestyle to help prevent developing Type 2 Diabetes, cardiovascular disease and cancers.
- Identify your employee’s future risk of developing Type 2 Diabetes and address this risk right away.
Companies and society in general depend on well trained highly qualified and motivated employees – but we also need to be healthy to do the job.
Why not join u s and become a Corporate Supporter and help us to help you to help us!